Variations Half Day Seminar
The partners at HFW are the authors of the only book that deals exclusively with variations and they will be running a seminar on the issues involved on the afternoon of Tuesday 21 April 2015. HFW Partners Michael Sergeant and Robert Blundell will be joined by quantum expert Guy Elkington of Navigant to deal with valuation issues.
Variations are probably the single most common cause of dispute on construction projects. Not only because of the direct cost of changes but also because they are often the underlying cause of delay.
The speakers will cover the following subjects:
- Disputes regarding what is within the scope, and therefore what amounts to extra.
- Can the contract conditions require the contractor to do work that is extra to the technical scope?
- Does a contractor need an instruction to claim payment for a variation?
- What legal remedies are open to a contractor that is not given an instruction?
- Is a contractor always obliged undertake extra work if instructed?
- Which party is liable for the design of extra works?
- Variations causing delay: how are the extra costs valued?
If you have any queries regarding this event, or to register your interest in attending, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.