Lawyers handling transactions and disputes for major international projects
We specialise in energy and natural resources, and major infrastructure projects, such as ports and terminals. Projects are frequently complex and multi-jurisdictional, and our lawyers regularly work as part of a team with technical and financial advisers, as well as lawyers from other jurisdictions.
What we do in Projects
Our dedicated, global team works on projects all over the world. In particular on:
- Sale and acquisition of companies and interests, including negotiation of sale and purchase agreements, and associated due diligence.
- Project finance, ranging from acquisition financing, to asset financing for major equipment and limited and non-recourse project financing in the mining industry, in power generation and in port development.
- Structured finance and leasing
- Development projects, including handling all planning and regulatory processes, and the transfer of property.
- Infrastructure acquisition, development and management, and negotiation of concession agreements and lease agreements for the use of land.
- Sale and purchase of assets
- Dealing with government agencies in respect of a range of regulatory issues
Our Experience in Projects
Our team have in-depth sector knowledge, which enables us to give clear, practical and, importantly, commercially focussed advice on some of the most significant projects. We provide below some examples of our work:
- Advised PT Antam Tbk on its US$2 billion joint venture with BHP Billiton to process nickel ore and cobalt and manufacture and marketing of intermediate or refined nickel and cobalt products in Gag and Buli, Indonesia.
- Advised mine owner in connection with mining contract valued at US$1 billion for mine infrastructure development and mining services involving one of the largest capital investments in the mining industry in Indonesia by a local contractor.
- Representing the senior lenders on the proposed US$125 million financing for the THAPPLINE multi-products white-oil pipeline from Sri Racha to Sari Buri in Thailand. Review, drafting and negotiation of Offtake Agreement, common agreement, commercial bank credit agreement, ADB credit agreement, shareholders’ support agreement and other financing agreements working with Thai counsel on complex Thai security issues and security documents.
- Representation of the senior lender group in connection with the US$300 million Reliance Oil refinery project in the State of Gujarat, India.
- Preparation of standard term conditions for use for international terminals including, most recently, in Bahrain and Malaysia and the review of terminal use agreements for a major international terminal operator to assist with the drafting of a model terminal use agreement.
- Establishing the necessary corporate structure for Dutch based clients following their successful bid in connection with two new container terminals in Nigeria including negotiations with the Nigerian Port Authority and the Bureau of Public Enterprises for a major port privatisation project and draft concession and lease agreements for both projects.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.