Dedicated legal team advising on all aspects of logistics operations
We have a dedicated, specialist logistics and multimodal transport team that advises clients on how to manage all issues that arise from their logistics operations. Our team provides joined-up transactional, litigation, projects and regulatory support to both customers and suppliers of logistics services, and their insurers. Our client base covers all areas of the logistics sector, including freight forwarders, warehouse operators, liner and ro-ro shipping operators, manufacturers, high street retailers, insurance companies, P&I Clubs, port and terminal operators, and IT and technical support providers.
What we do in Logistics
Our logistics and multimodal team's extensive experience enables us to provide a "one-stop shop", covering all of our clients' needs.
Through our integrated global network of offices, we offer a comprehensive range of dispute resolution and transactional legal services to companies buying, selling, operating and insuring logistics and multimodal transport businesses and services.
We can help with:
- Corporate & Finance.
- Logistics Agreements
- Logistics Technology
- Commercial Disputes
- Insured Disputes
- Antitrust & Competition, Merger Control, State Aid
- Sanctions & Compliance.
- Customs and Trade Regulatory Issues
We also offer our clients bespoke risk management and legal training programmes to fit their specific requirements.
Our experience in Logistics
Our wide-ranging experience in the logistics sector means we are able to advise clients in all areas of their logistics operations. We provide below some examples of our recent work:
- Handling a major piece of litigation arising out of the theft of a consignment of mobile phones, worth several million Euros, following a violent hijack during international road transport. The matter involved very complicated issues of fact and law and tactical advice outside the usual remit of dispute resolution. As part of the process, we were co-ordinating and managing the activities of lawyers in six jurisdictions, including both civil and criminal lawyers.
- Advised a leading manufacturer on a pan European road freight tender worth around EUR800 million. Advised on the contracts, tender process and insurance arrangements. Continuing to advise the client on a whole range of other logistics-related work including warehousing arrangements, ocean freight contracts, customs brokerage and insurance.
- Preparing contracts for the procurement of container shipping and forwarding services for a variety of well known retailers, FMCG companies and manufacturers.
- Advised a leading container shipping line on a substantial commercial dispute with a competitor arising out of an alliance agreement.
- Acting for one of Europe’s leading 3PLs on the acquisition of the in-house transport and warehousing operation of a global manufacturer, including the transfer of staff located in 10 offices and the acquisition of tractors, trailers and numerous warehousing and office premises.
- Advised a project forwarder on the contract and insurance arrangements for a project worth over US$200 million.
- Advised a variety of shipping and transport businesses on most of the major high street retail collapses since 2007 including Woolworths, Land of Leather, MFI and Focus DIY.
- Advised a leading logistics business on a suite of standard documents for its full range of logistics and value added services.
- Drafting bills of lading for a variety of shipping lines and forwarders and advising on related regulatory law and the licence terms for the placing bookings over the web.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.