Sector focused corporate advice
Our international corporate team has extensive experience of advising on high value, domestic and cross-border transactions. Our team combines in-depth sector expertise with experience across all corporate disciplines to deliver pragmatic and commercially valuable advice.
What we do
We have concentrated the development of our global capabilities and the growth of our expertise firm-wide on a number of inter-connected industry sectors, which distinguishes us from our competitors. Having industry leading experts in each of these sectors allows us to draw on deep knowledge and experience to understand your strategic objectives, business drivers and the risk you face to effectively deliver your transaction.
Given the international nature of our core sectors, our team has substantial experience of transactions throughout the major world markets. We operate seamlessly across our network of offices. In addition we are able to call upon an extensive network of expert lawyers to assist in other jurisdictions, and manage them as "deal counsel" to provide a complete service to our clients.
We advise many of the world's largest companies, private and institutional investors, insurers, governments, private equity funds and investment banks across the full spectrum of corporate transactions, including M&A (public and private), disposals, joint ventures, equity and debt capital markets (including IPOs and secondary fundraisings), corporate simplification and restructuring, corporate insurance transactions, corporate governance and day to day issues relating to regulatory, stock market and company law compliance.
Our lawyers have worked on corporate transactions in the UK, continental Europe, Russia, Africa, the Middle East, India, Malaysia, China, Indonesia, Australia, South America and other Pacific Rim countries. Examples of our experience include:
- Advising Asia Coal Energy Ventures on its successful $200 million competitive takeover to acquire Asia Resource Minerals plc (formerly Bumi plc), a premium listed company which owns 84.7% of PT Berau, one of the largest thermal coal producing assets in Indonesia.
- Advising a major Middle Eastern state energy company on joint ventures with a number of leading shipping groups to invest in LNG carriers for long term charters with a total value of approximately US$3.5 billion.
- Advising a leading Chinese company in connection with the sale of its investment in a port in mainland China for a total value of US$1 billion.
- Advising Omega Insurance Holdings Limited on the application for admission of its common shares to the Official List and to trading on the London Stock Exchange's Main Market and on its concurrent offer on behalf of its subsidiary Omega Dedicated Limited to acquire up to £125 million of capacity on Lloyd's Syndicate 958.
- Advising the Hellenic Republic on the privatisation of the Greek state-owned gas supply and transmission companies.
- Advising Syndicate Holdings Corp on the acquistion of HSBC Insurance (UK) Limited (in run off), for an undisclosed sum.
- Advising Integra Group, a leading Russian provider of onshore oilfield services whose GDRs are listed in London, on the combination of IGSS Services Limited with Geotech Holding, to create one of the world's largest land seismic companies, valued at around US$600 million.
- Advising Aspen Re on a US$477 million credit insurance and derivative structure in respect of reinsurance receivables, distributed by Deutsche Bank.
- Advising an international owner and operator of a tank farm on the disposal of a minority stake in European subsidiaries to a substantial infrastructure investor.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.