Offshore Wind Power Seminar
HFW will be hosting its 2nd annual offshore wind conference. This year, we consider the implications of the April 2014 English Court decision of MT Højgaard v E.ON, in which the contractor was found to be responsible for a 20 year design life despite the fact that it had relied on an industry standard for grouted connections that was subsequently found to contain an error.
1 December 2014
The conference will consider the issues that arise in relation to design responsibility for wind arrays, including:
- Fitness for purpose and "design life" requirements.
- Contradictions between technical standards in the contract scope.
- What happens if the agreed technical scope is impossible to build or contains a defective design?
- Is a contractor liable if any part of the works fails within the specified design life?
- Is a contractor liable if the employer fails to maintain the works within the specified design life?
The speakers will include Partners from HFW's construction team, who have been involved in offshore wind projects in UK, Danish, Belgian and German waters. They will be joined by a number of industry experts.
If you have any queries regarding this event, or to register your interest in attending, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.