Lloyd's Maritime Academy - Time and Voyage Charterparties
HFW will be presenting at this Lloyds Maritime Academy event which is a five day intensive course on both Time and Voyage Charterparties.
7-11 April 2014
HFW Associate Christopher Garley will present on off-hire, covering:
- Practical implications of off-hire clauses
- General and specific off-hire clauses
- Off-hire circumstances
- What is the legal effect of the vessel going off-hire?
- Off-hire contrasted with damages
- Can events extraneous to the vessel put the vessel off-hire?
HFW Partner Daniel Martin will present on exceptions to laytime:
- What is laytime?
- Does laytime run continuously?
- When can laytime be suspended?
- Owner uses vessel for own purposes
- Express exceptions to laytime
- General exceptions clauses
- Case law
- Drafting laytime exceptions clauses
For further information please visit: http://www.lloydsmaritimeacademy.com/event/timeandvoyage.