Construction Law Conference
HFW Partner Michael Sergeant will be speaking at this one day conference on the topic, Build Obligations and Variations.
20 September 2013
Issues concerning what a contractor is required to build and who is responsible for variations are amongst the most common topics that construction lawyers and industry professionals face on a day to day basis. These matters are at the heart of many disputes concerning payment for additional work as well as delay, disruption, defects and project termination.
Areas covered will include:
- The nature and extent of the contractor's obligation to build the works
- Limits on the contractor's obligation arising from site conditions and other risks
- Problems that arise from inconsistencies in the description of the works
- Limitations on the employer's right to instruct variations
- Differing obligations in relation to temporary and permanent works
- Establishing a contractor's right to be paid for extras
For more information, please visit: http://www.mblseminars.com/outline.aspx?progid=4436&Key=
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.