10 Collyer Quay
#18-01 Ocean Financial Centre
Office Telephone: +65 6411 5300
Office Fax: +65 6411 5355
Direct Dial (Singapore): +65 6411 5333
Mobile: +65 8611 3180
65 Crutched Friars
London EC3N 2AE
Office Telephone: +44 (0)20 7264 8000
Office Fax: +44 (0)20 7264 8888
Direct Dial (London): +44(0)20 7264 8284
Talk to Brian about
More about Brian
Brian is head of the firm's international corporate practice and advises clients on a wide range of corporate, distressed and special situations, mining, energy, shipping and clean-energy related matters including cross-border M&A transactions (both public and private), equity and debt work-outs / restructurings, corporate finance and joint ventures as well as upstream oil and gas and mining licence arrangements.
He has significant international deal exposure as well as a strong capital markets practice having worked on numerous deals advising institutional and corporate clients on flotations, takeovers and de-listings on most of the world's leading markets but with particular experience with AIM, the UK Official List, the ASX as well as the TSX and TSX(v). In addition Brian has worked on numerous US offerings including those done under Reg S and 144A.
Brian is the President and co-founder of the Singapore Mining Club.
What the market says about Brian:
- "Brian Gordon heads the global corporate practice and has an especially strong record in mining and resources." (Legal 500 Asia-Pacific Guide 2019, Singapore – Corporate and M&A.)
- "Corporate transactions specialist Brian Gordon 'has outstanding sector knowledge as well as the commercial acumen and tenacity to get deals done'." (Legal 500 Asia-Pacific Guide 2019, Singapore – Energy.)
- Brian is one of only two lawyers included in the Mining Spotlight Table and is a Band 4-ranked lawyer in the broader category, described as being "best known for his work advising on mining M&A matters. Also capable in energy sector transactions. His cross-border experience extends to European and African markets." (Chambers Asia-Pacific Guide 2019, Singapore – Energy & Natural Resources).
- Brian "offers particular expertise regarding the Indonesian market, where he has advised on a range of notable oil and gas and mining transactions" (Chambers Asia-Pacific Guide 2017)
- Advising a US hedge fund on the acquisition of a minority shareholding, followed by the subsequent acquisition of the entire share capital of a Luxemburg entity holding ownership of a mining company situated in Mongolia.
- Advising a Middle East bank in relation to the creation of a form of asset backed security which would be entered into with Singapore entities and would be legally enforceable as a Singapore security.
- Advising an ASX listed mining company on its international private placement.
- Advising the Placing Agents in respect of a private placement for a Russian based, TSX listed mining company.
- Advising on large UK based private mining company on its disposal of its West African based assets.
- Advising a major European bank in relation to the restructuring of its loan and security facilities with defaulting borrowers.
- Advising Asia Coal Energy on its hostile takeover of Main Board listed Asia Resources Minerals Plc.
- Acting for Goldilocks Investment Company Limited (part of the Abu Dhabi Financial Group), as a shareholder of Noble Group, in its negotiations with Noble Group regarding the restructuring, settlement of litigation claims and formation of a strategic partnership in the Middle East.
Brian's recent experience includes:
Brian is qualified in England and Wales.