Level 39, Bourke Place
600 Bourke Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Office Telephone: +61 (0)3 8601 4500
Office Fax: +61 (0)3 8601 4555
Direct Dial (Melbourne): +61 (0)3 8601 4510
Mobile: +61 (0)408 765 746
Talk to Sophy about
More about Sophy
Sophy acts for Australia's largest corporations involved in complex disputes, especially contested insurance claims. She has particularly strong experience acting for mining companies in liability, D&O and PD/BI insurance coverage disputes. She also regularly acts for financial services clients, primarily major banks involved in high profile disputes. Having undertaken secondments within BHP and Transurban, Sophy has industry knowledge and a commercial approach. Clients commend Sophy as "enormously reliable, efficient and helpful, able to assimilate issues quickly and provide advice quickly and succinctly."Her recent work includes:
- Acting for a large mining company on a cross-border liability insurance claim.
- Acting for a large mining company on a PD/BI insurance claim arising from a seismic event.
- Acting for Newcrest Mining defending a shareholder class action and bringing a cross-claim for coverage against its D&O insurers.
- Acting for a major bank on the Royal Commission into Banking Misconduct.
- Acting for Ensham Resources in its PD/BI insurance claim arising from the Queensland floods.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.