10 Collyer Quay
#18-01 Ocean Financial Centre
Office Telephone: +65 6411 5300
Office Fax: +65 6411 5355
Direct Dial (Singapore): + 65 6411 5346
More about Suzanne
Suzanne is a Senior Associate in HFW's Singapore office where she specialises in dispute resolution between parties in the maritime sector. Suzanne has experience advising and representing parties across a broad spectrum of dispute resolution forums, including in the English and EU courts, SCMA, LMAA, LCIA and GAFTA, but particularly international arbitration in the SIAC. Since joining the Singapore office from London, Suzanne has gained firsthand experience of the various features of SIAC arbitrations, including:
- Applications for emergency interim relief on behalf of a vessel owner in a ship repair dispute.
- The application of the expedited procedure on behalf of a trader in an action for breach of a coal sale contract.
- Challenges to arbitral jurisdiction, both under the SIAC rules and through the Singapore courts, on behalf of various clients.
- Applications for security (for costs and for claims).
- Documents-only arbitration procedure on behalf a vessel owner in a ship construction dispute.
Suzanne has experience acting for clients at all stages of the dispute resolution process, from advising on the legal and commercial merits of commencing proceedings, through analysis and presentation of evidence, injunctions and applications for other forms of interim relief, hearings and trials, costs proceedings, appeals and the enforcement of awards. Suzanne assists in the representation of clients across the maritime sector, including vessel owners, charterers, insurers and cargo interests, with a particular focus on shipbuilding, offshore construction, energy and commodity disputes.