Joint Ventures and Strategic Partnerships
Sector focused legal advice for corporate transactions
We have an international corporate team with extensive experience of advising on high value, domestic and cross-border transactions. Our team draws on the firm's in-depth sector expertise and works closely with clients to acquire, dispose, finance, or restructure companies, or to form strategic partnerships or joint ventures. We also regularly advise clients on day-to-day issues relating to company law and corporate governance.
What we do in Joint Ventures and Strategic Partnerships
Our lawyers regularly advise on structuring, drafting and negotiating cross-border and domestic joint venture and strategic partnerships, whether as part of a reorganisation of an existing business or as a new venture.
Our experience in Joint Ventures and Strategic Partnerships
We provide below some examples of our work in this area:
- Advising a UK and US consortium on its joint venture and acquisition arrangements in relation to the MBO of a substantial Lloyd's coverholder.
- Advising a major Middle Eastern state energy company on US$3.5 billion joint ventures with a number of leading shipping groups to invest in LNG carriers for long-term charters.
- Acting for a large European shipping company on the establishment of a US$450 million joint venture with a listed Dubai entity.
- Advising on a joint venture between a Greek-managed tanker company listed on the NYSE and a South American state-owned oil company.
- Advising Integra Group, a leading Russian provider of onshore oilfield services whose GDRs are listed in London, on the combination of IGSS Services Limited with Geotech Holding, to create one of the world's largest land seismic companies, valued at around US$600 million, and proposed subsequent spin off of IGSS and its admission to the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising on a joint venture to create a major commercial ship management company.
- Advising on joint ventures between a major commodities trading company and a state-owned entity to develop copper and zinc mines.
- Assisting the bid process in respect of an oil and gas farm-in to an interest in an exploration and production permit in Tunisia.
- Advising on an oil and gas farm-in to a minority interest in Iran, including complex arrangements between coventurers.
- Advising on innovative contractual structures in a jurisdiction where production sharing agreements are not permitted.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.