126 Phillip Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Office Telephone: +61 (0)2 9320 4600
Office Fax: +61 (0)2 9320 4666
Direct Dial (Sydney): +61 (0)2 9320 4648
Brookfield Place - Tower 2
123 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000 Australia
Office Telephone: +61 (0)8 9422 4700
Office Fax: +61 (0)8 9422 4777
Direct Dial (Perth): +61 (0)8 9422 4726
Talk to Ian about
More about Ian
Ian has extensive experience in a broad range of construction, engineering and infrastructure transactions, including dispute resolution. He acts for companies listed on the ASX Limited, private companies and not-for-profit organisations.
Ian works collaboratively with his clients and their commercial, financial and technical advisers in relation to all aspects of construction, engineering and infrastructure projects, including:
- Project structuring, negotiation and documentation.
- Strategies for successful project implementation.
- The provision of advice in relation to project administration.
- The resolution of project disputes.
- Workplace health and safety issues relevant to construction activities and property ownership.
- Green building issues, including Green Star and NABERS.
- Climate change issues, including NGERS and the "Securing a Clean Energy Future" legislation.
While in house at Stockland, Australia's leading diversified property company, Ian was responsible for the legal aspects of all construction and construction related projects undertaken by the Commercial Property, Residential and Retirement Living businesses of the company in Australia. As a result, he has a sound understanding of the key commercial aspects of construction and construction related projects.
Ian brings a pragmatic and commercial approach to the preparation, negotiation and finalisation of transaction documents.
Ian is qualified in New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.