HFW continues development in Middle East
Holman Fenwick Willan is delighted to announce several developments to its Middle East practice in support of its continuing investment in the growth of its capability across core sectors of focus and positioning as a leading law firm for international commerce.
- From 1 April 2015, Rula Dajani Abuljebain will become Managing Partner of the firm's Middle East Regional Office in Dubai. Rula specialises in transactional corporate and commercial law. Her practice spans a wide range of areas, including joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions, as well as project, infrastructure and strategic finance. She also provides advice to companies looking to invest in and/or expand their existing businesses in the Middle East. Rula is an English qualified solicitor, a member of the Kuwait Bar Association and bilingual (Arabic and English). Hugh Brown, the current office head and a senior Admiralty Partner, will retire from the partnership on 31 March 2015 after more than 40 years with the firm.
- Tien Tai joined the office as a Partner in December 2014 to continue the development of the finance practice, which is led by Partner Ian Chung. Tien is a banking lawyer specialising in international trade and ship finance and has been based in the UAE for over six years. He has been involved in some of the largest regional transportation financings. He receives widespread recognition for his knowledge of ship finance issues and is recommended in Chambers Global. Tien was awarded the Ship and Marine Finance Lawyer of the Year (UAE) at the 2013 Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards.
- HFW's strong insurance and reinsurance practice, headed by Partner Sam Wakerley, has been bolstered by the addition of a corporate and regulatory insurance capability which enhances HFW's service offering for clients in the region and internationally. Consultant Carol-Ann Burton relocated from London to Dubai, effective 5 January, to develop the insurance regulation practice. Carol-Ann has over 10 years' experience of advising on insurance regulation and transactions, as a solicitor in private practice and at the UK's Financial Services Authority (FSA) as a senior legal adviser. The regulatory insurance team is also joined by Senior Associate Tanya Janfada, who joins from Clyde & Co LLP. Tanya has over five years' experience in Dubai advising re/insurers, intermediaries and third party administrators in relation to their operations across the GCC.
- Partner Robert Blundell relocated from London to Dubai in June 2014 to further grow the firm's construction offering across the Middle East region. Robert advises on all aspects of construction procurement, particularly on drafting and negotiating building contracts, consultancy appointments and related documents for domestic and international projects.
- HFW's Middle East shipping practice continues to be recognised as an industry leader and in October 2014 was awarded the Seatrade Middle East & Indian Sub-continent Maritime Law Award 2014.
Rula Dajani Abuljebain commented: "I am excited by the developments we are seeing in our Middle East practice which are reflective of our growth over the last few years to a position where our Middle East regional office now comprises 9 Partners and 21 Associates. These developments enable us to offer both GCC clients and international clients with operations in the region an integrated service covering dispute resolution, transactions and regulation across a number of industry sectors."
For more information, please contact Tania Phayre, Head of Marketing, on +44 (0)20 7264 8546 or email email@example.com.