1 Bligh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Office Telephone: +61 (0)2 9320 4600
Office Fax: +61 (0)2 9320 4666
Direct Dial (Sydney): +61 (0)2 9320 4621
Level 39, Bourke Place
600 Bourke Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Office Telephone: +61 (0) 3 8601 4500
Office Fax: +61 (0) 3 8601 4555
Direct Dial (Melbourne): +61 (0)3 8601 4586
Talk to Richard about
More about Richard
Richard is a leading property and construction lawyer specialising in high end, complex real estate deals within the corporate and transactional space.
Richard is able to assist clients looking to invest in the commercial, residential, retail, industrial, tourism, transport and agricultural sectors including advice in relation to title analysis, structuring and joint ventures, acquisitions and disposals (direct and indirect), capital raising, cross border capital transfers, government regulation and policy settings, foreign investment controls, due diligence, risk assessment and mitigation.
Richard's clients include vendors and purchasers, developers, investors, brokers, fund managers, financiers, government and local government, consultants, contractors, landlords and tenants.
Recent work includes:
- Extension and remediation of shipping channels in Port of Newcastle for BHP Billiton;
- Remediation of BHP Billiton's former Steelworks site;
- Negotiation of DP World's long term right to operate its container handling facility at Terminal 3, Port Botany in Sydney;
- Sale of BlackRock's US$499 million dollar Australian real estate portfolio;
- DEXUS Property Group, DEXUS Wholesale Property Fund and Cbus Property - 1 Bligh Street Sydney Project;
- GWOF, Blackstone and ISPT – 161 Castlereagh Street Sydney Project.
Richard is listed as a Real Estate expert in Who's Who Legal 2018.