Al-Enezee in association with HFW
Futuro Tower, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 69171
Riyadh 11547 Saudi Arabia
Office Telephone: +966 11 276 7372
Office Fax: +966 11 276 6960
Direct Dial (Riyadh): +966 11 276 7372
Talk to Khulaif about
More about Khulaif
Khulaif's practice focuses on Saudi and Gulf law. Khulaif has substantial experience in advising on issues involving foreign investments, intellectual property, insurance, real estate, companies’ incorporation, banking, securities and customer laws. His experience includes participating in negotiating, reviewing, analysing and drafting agreements and legal opinions, advising banks and financial institutions on a variety of projects and litigation.
Prior to establishing his own practice, he practised for six years in the Riyadh office of one of the leading law firms in Saudi Arabia.
He has participated in many training sessions and symposiums on drafting agreements, administrative courts, commercial securities, real estate and telecommunication legislations.
Khulaif is fluent in Arabic and English.
Recent work includes:
- Advising a major Saudi/Japanese water treatment EPC contractor in relation to its SAR74 million claim against a semi-government entity. The dispute relates to uncollected amounts resulting from the execution by the client of a water treatment plant in the city of Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Representing EMCO Engineering, an industrial manufacturer in water treatment and related sectors, in a multi-million dollar dispute with a leading regional prime contractor on a water treatment/desalination project in relation to the implementation of the sub-contract. Legal services include advising as to the general legal framework, the strategy to be adopted, and the actual conduct of arbitration proceedings.
- Participating in the legal team carrying out regulatory reform work for the Ministry of Municipalities and Rural Affairs (MOMRA) by issuing a new regulation creating 178 new municipal councils and establishing the electoral system for holding the first public election within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising on the restructuring and merger of eight money exchanges for the creation and start-up operation of Bank Al-Bilad with capitalisation of US$800 million, including a 50% initial public offering (IPO), with the new bank consolidating operations of eight existing money exchange companies.
- Assisting in creating a cooperative insurance company according to a newly enacted insurance law in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Khulaif is admitted to practise law in Saudi Arabia by the Ministry of Justice.