10 Collyer Quay
#18-01 Ocean Financial Centre
Office Telephone: +65 6411 5300
Office Fax: +65 6411 5355
Direct Dial (Singapore): +65 6411 5360
Talk to David about
More about David
David has over 20 years’ experience advising financiers, lessors and operators on aviation, shipping and offshore and equipment finance and leasing transactions. David has particular experience in debt finance, operating lease, sale and lease back and portfolio trading transactions. David also has significant experience advising on lease default management, including in relation to litigation and cross border solvent and insolvent restructurings in a variety of jurisdictions.
With over 12 years' experience in APAC, David helps his clients understand and successfully overcome local law challenges and risks related to financing and leasing assets across the region. He has particularly strong experience in Indonesia, the PRC, India, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea and Japan.
David's memberships include Aviation Working Group of a South East Asia Contact Group (SEA-CG) & International Society of Transport & Aircraft Trading (ISTAT).
David's previous work includes:
- Advising multiple aircraft lessors on the sale and leaseback and related financings for over 30 aircraft to an Indonesian carrier.
- Advising multiple aircraft lessors on free trade zone restructuring projects with multiple PRC carriers.
- Advising an Irish lessor on the sale and leaseback of ten aircraft on lease to Thai Air Asia and Air Asia India.
- Advising a lessor on the repossession and releasing of seven aircraft on lease to an Indian carrier.
- Advising multiple lessors on COVID 19 related fleet restructuring arrangements across Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia.
- Advising multiple lessors on lease restructuring arrangements with airlines across the Asia Pacific region.
David is annually recognised in Chambers and Legal 500 for his expertise in Aviation Finance and Banking & Finance. Clients state that David is "top-notch; he never misses a deadline and is very commercially aware" (Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020) and "responsive, commercial, a calm negotiator and a good ambassador in negotiations" (Chambers Global 2020).
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.