Asia-Pacific Arbitration Review 2023: Disputes arising out of energy transition projects in Australia
HFW's Asia-Pacific Disputes team have contributed a chapter in the Global Arbitration Review (GAR)'s Asia-Pacific Arbitration Review 2023.
In this chapter, Jo Delaney, Jo Garland, Nick Longley, Dan Perera and Kate Fisher consider some of the key issues that may give rise to disputes in energy transition projects in Australia, including traditional solar and wind farms, as well as those involving newer technologies, such as hydrogen and storage. We also analyse disputes that have arisen from renewable energy projects in recent years.
Key points include:
- Complex legal and commercial relationships and contractual frameworks
- Potential issues arising out of developing technologies, including performance related issues
- Regulatory frameworks for planning and development as well as commissioning and connection to the grid
- Delays during construction and commissioning, including due to labour shortages and supply chain issues, and performance issues during construction
- Legal and commercial risks to minimise claims and ensure project success
Read the chapter below.
This is an extract from GAR's The Asia-Pacific Arbitration Review 2023. The whole publication is available here.