10 Collyer Quay
#18-01 Ocean Financial Centre
Office Telephone: +65 6411 5300
Office Fax: +65 6411 5355
Direct Dial (Singapore): +65 6411 5317
Talk to Kate about
More about Kate
Kate is an aviation litigation specialist, having advised clients in the industry for over 12 years. She handles liability claims and insurance matters as well as non-contentious aviation matters such as contractual liability, conditions of carriage and risk management issues.
Kate's clients include major airlines, helicopter and fixed wing operators, airport authorities and ground handlers, as well as insurers/reinsurers. She has supported aviation clients across more than 10 countries in Asia, including Japan, India, Philippines, South Korea, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Myanmar and Nepal, and has a particular focus on Thai law and jurisdiction.
In recent years, Kate has advised GA operators, helicopter operators and charterers on some of the industry's high profile cases in Asia including:
- crash of a Eurocopter 130 – B4 helicopter in Sumatra, Indonesia.
- crash landing of a PAC750 XL aircraft in Papua, Indonesia.
- crash involving a Dauphin AS365N3 helicopter in Arunachal Pradesh region of India.
- crash of a Eurocopter 130 - B4 in Myanmar.
- crash of a Sikorsky S-76C++ (HL9294) following collision with a condominium in Seoul.
- disappearance of a Comco Ikarus C42 ultralight aircraft in Nepal.
She regularly contributes articles to HFW's Aviation Bulletin and the Ground Handling International Publication and speaks at various industry events.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.