Fraud & Asset Recovery
Lawyers handling complex international arbitration, litigation and ADR matters
Our principal strength is our experience and expertise in international litigation, arbitration and alternative forms of dispute resolution. We have specialist dispute resolution teams in all of our offices, regularly handling high-value, complex, multi-party, multi-jurisdictional disputes. Our expertise spans a wide range of sectors and industries, from banking and finance, through to insurance and commodities.
What we do in Fraud & Asset Recovery
We have an extensive international practice focused on fraud and asset recovery.
With our experience in offshore financial jurisdictions, and working with accountants, investigators, and lawyers in many jurisdictions, we formulate and execute a range of cross-border asset recovery strategies.
We have many years of experience in using court powers in the process of asset recovery, including:
- Freezing orders and proprietary injunctions
- Disclosure and search orders, including against third parties
- Obtaining cross-border recognition and enforcement of injunctions
- Obtaining evidence overseas
- Committal proceedings
Our experience in Fraud & Asset Recovery
We are regularly involved in the largest disputes and work with our clients to achieve the best outcome for their business
- Representing a Swiss bank defrauded by its employees, tracing assets into corporate entities and trusts in Bermuda, and freezing those assets to force a negotiated settlement.
- Representing a Venezuelan ship owner in claims brought against him in London by Russian state shipping entities.
- Acting for offshore professionals caught up in an investment fraud involving an AIM listed company.
- Acting for a former director of a ship-broking company defending claims brought against him in London by Russian state entities.