65 Crutched Friars
London EC3N 2AE
Office Telephone: +44 (0)20 7264 8000
Office Fax: +44 (0)20 7264 8888
Direct Dial (London): +44 (0)20 7264 8254
Mobile: +44 (0)7768 976378
Talk to Nick about
More about Nick
Nick has a broad corporate/commercial practice. He specialises in transactional, corporate and commercial law with particular reference to the energy, insurance, commodities and transport industries. His practice spans a wide range of areas, including national and international mergers and acquisitions; joint ventures; private equity transactions; regulation (both international and UK); capital markets (issues of debt and equity); and complex international restructuring.
He advises boards of public and private companies on corporate governance and compliance issues. He has considerable experience of the UK and international anti-money laundering and financial sanctions regimes.
Nick is recommended by Legal 500 UK 2014 as a leading individual and by clients in the Legal 500 UK 2013 as "a hugely experienced and technically excellent lawyer".
Nick is qualified in England and Wales.
Recent work includes:
- Advising Asia Coal Energy Ventures Ltd on its successful $200 million offer on the London Stock Exchange for Asia Resource Minerals plc (formerly Bumi plc).
- Advising a leading US listed private equity group on its acquisition of distressed bonds issued by a company owning drilling rigs.
- Advising a Ukrainian shipowner on setting up a joint venture company based in the UK to operate ships.
- Advising a German group on the acquisition of a majority interest in a Mauritian company owning oil storage terminals in Mozambique.
- Advising the same group on a due diligence investigation into a UK group retailing petroleum products in the UK, Canada, the USA and brazil and into a group owning petroleum storage facilities and retail facilities in Madagascar.