An inclusive working environment
Holman Fenwick Willan strives to be the best employer of the best people, regardless of gender, ethnicity, marital status, race, colour, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, age or caring responsibilities.
We treat all applications fairly and on merit, ensuring that there are equal opportunities for everyone at all stages of the recruitment process and for development and promotion during their career at the firm.
Some examples of our commitment to equality and diversity include:
- Our Diversity Committee (made up of partners from across the firm together with HR, and chaired by a Board member) aims to guide, review and monitor activity on our various diversity initiatives. Progress is reported to the Board on a regular basis.
- We are Signatories of the Law Society's Diversity and Inclusion Charter. The Charter is a public commitment to developing and implementing best practice in equality, diversity and inclusion.
- We are members of Stonewall's Diversity Champions' Programme, and attend the Law Society's Firms' Diversity Forum. We are also looking to team up with relevant organisations who promote best practice in their own arenas.
- We monitor all stages of our recruitment and promotion processes to ensure that the criteria used are appropriate, remove unintended bias and give everyone an equal chance.
- We regularly review our employment policies and practices to ensure that they support our commitment to greater diversity. We publish our UK employment figures, as a result:
|Partners||Fee earners (exc. Partners)||Trainees||Business Services||Total|
|% Age range 20 - 29||0.0||19.9||89.7||20.5||21.5|
|% Age range 30 - 39||10.8||53.9||10.3||22.9||30.5|
|% Age range 40 - 49||37.9||10.6||0.0||30.1||22.6|
|% Age range 50 - 59||36.8||6.4||0.0||20.5||17.1|
|% Age range 60+||14.5||9.2||0.0||6.0||8.3|
|% Flexible working||4.1||14.9||0.0||18.1||13.2|
|% Attending international school (outside of UK)||6.8||7.8||20.7||12.0||10.2|
|% Attending UK independent/private school||21.6||24.8||34.5||5.4||17.0|
|% Attending UK state/grammar school (non-selective)||14.9||23.4||20.7||43.1||29.7|
|% Attending UK state/grammar school (selective)||8.1||5.0||10.3||12.6||9.0|
|% First generation to attend university||33.8||22.7||10.3||17.4||21.7|
|% Gay man/Homosexual||-||-||-||-||1.7|
|% Gay woman/Lesbian||-||-||-||-||0.0|
|% Yes, as defined by the Equality Act 2010||-||-||-||-||0.7|
(1) Diversity profile of London based staff as at 1 January 2015.
(2) Percentages are based on the known population as in some cases staff have chosen not to provide their diversity statistics or have chosen 'prefer not to say'.
(3) Business Services includes Secretarial Services.
- We monitor our progress to check how we are doing against our objectives.
- We review salaries and bonus awards annually for equal pay purposes.
- We promote an inclusive working environment in which everyone can flourish.
- Where possible, we facilitate flexible working.
- We recognise that as an employer in the legal sector, we have a responsibility to promote access to the profession from all sectors of society. We support a number of initiatives to encourage students from low income backgrounds to consider law as a career.
- HFW in London is an accredited 'Living Wage Employer'.
Phone: +44 (0)20 7264 8561
Mobile: +44 (0)7879 476649
Phone: +44 (0)20 7264 8264
Mobile: +44 (0)77 9538 6970
- Twitter feed loading