Lawyers acting at the forefront of merger control matters
We deal with a range of matters for merging parties or third parties in merger control proceedings, before the European Commission and national competition authorities, including obtaining relevant clearances.
What we do in Merger Control
We regularly coordinate complex international merger control proceedings across a range of jurisdictions and a range of industry sectors. We also provide regular training to our clients in compliance with "gun jumping" rules and advise them on how best to effect a merger in compliance with EU and national competition rules.
Our experience in Merger Control
Examples of our recent work in Merger Control include:
- Obtaining a rare retrospective derogation from prior notification from the European Commission for a major commodities trader for its time sensitive acquisition of a competitor.
- Obtaining clearance from the European Commission of a joint venture in the petroleum products storage sector.
- Obtaining competition clearances in China, Germany and South Korea for an aircraft engineering group in connection with the restructuring of two joint venture companies which it had formed with a major engineering company and a major state-owned airline.
- Advising a supplier of fire protective clothing on obtaining clearance of the acquisition of a competitor from the UK Competition and Markets Authority.
- Representing a leading logistics company in obtaining clearance of a merger from the UK Competition and Markets Authority.
- Advising logistics, shipping and commodities businesses on international merger clearances for commercial transactions.
- Obtaining clearance from the Brazilian competition authority of a merger in the aero sector.
- Advising a top 100 Australian-listed engineering and infrastructure management company on the acquisition of an engineering company, including obtaining clearance from the relevant Australian competition regulator.
- Obtaining clearance from the relevant Australian competition regulator of the acquisition of an insecticide business by a global chemical company.
- Advising an international retailer on trade practices and contractual supply issues arising from its acquisition of an Australian chain of supermarkets.
- Advising on transactions in the telecoms sector in Hong Kong.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.