HFW Ranked As One Of UK's Top Social Mobility Employers
Global, sector-focused law firm HFW has once again been ranked as one of the UK's top social mobility employers.
The firm is ranked in the Social Mobility Employer Index, which lists the top 50 UK organisations taking the most action to tackle social mobility.
It is the second year that HFW has been ranked in the index, which was launched in 2017 by UK charity the Social Mobility Foundation.
The Social Mobility Foundation praised the firm's achievements in:
- Targeting outreach work at schools with above average levels of Free School Meals
- Tracking educational and career outcomes for the students it works with, alongside gathering feedback that indicates that the firm's outreach work is having a real impact
- Operating a contextual recruitment system, which uses big data to help identify candidates with the greatest potential
- Conducting ongoing monitoring of the firm's trainee recruitment process, and removing barriers as they are identified
- Taking part in a research project, along with other law firms, that looks at the impact of socio-economic background on progression and retention
The percentage of HFW's trainees who are the first of their family to go to university increased from 10% in 2015 to 33% in 2018.
The index, which is published in partnership with the City of London Corporation, covers all UK organisations – not just law firms.
The benchmarking is supported by an advisory group that includes representatives from the Association of Graduate Recruiters, the Bridge Group, Royal Holloway University and Stonewall.
Kathryn Hull, Senior Corporate Responsibility Manager:
"I am delighted that we have been recognised as one of the UK's top social mobility employers. We are committed to improving social mobility and have made real strides in welcoming talent from a more diverse range of backgrounds to the firm, which for us is the ultimate measure of success. We will continue to ensure that the success of our colleagues is determined by talent and potential, rather than socio-economic background."
For more information about the index, see: http://www.socialmobility.org.uk/index/
HFW is a leading global law firm in the aerospace, commodities, construction, energy, insurance and shipping sectors. The firm has almost 600 fee-earners, including 180 partners, based in 19 offices across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We take a progressive approach to our roles in commercial business – thinking creatively and pragmatically to support our clients. HFW prides itself on its deep industry expertise and its entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative culture.
For further information, please contact:
Head of Communications
D +44 (0)20 7264 8159
M +44 (0)7976 939864
Follow us on social media:
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.