HFW Reinforces Longstanding Social Mobility Commitment By Signing Industry Pledge
Global, sector-focused law firm HFW has reinforced its longstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion by signing the Social Mobility Pledge.
The Pledge, which was set up by the UK's former Secretary of State for Education and Minister for Women & Equalities, brings together "truly purpose-led organisations [that are] committed to social mobility".
HFW has consistently been ranked by the Social Mobility Foundation as one of the UK's top social mobility employers, in recognition of its efforts across each of the Pledge's three key areas: outreach, access and recruitment.
Some of the firm's existing social mobility initiatives include:
- Targeting outreach work at schools with above average levels of Free School Meals.
- Tracking educational and career outcomes for the students it works with, alongside gathering feedback that indicates that the firm's outreach work is having a real impact.
- Operating a contextual recruitment system, which uses big data to help identify candidates with the greatest potential.
- Conducting ongoing monitoring of the firm's trainee recruitment process, and removing barriers as they are identified.
- Taking part in a research project, along with other law firms, that looks at the impact of socio-economic background on progression and retention.
Jeremy Shebson, Managing Partner, HFW:
"At HFW, we believe that success should be determined by talent and application – not socio-economic background. We remain committed to improving social mobility within the legal industry, for the benefit of our colleagues, clients and everyone within the HFW community."
To find out more about the Pledge, visit: https://www.socialmobilitypledge.org/
HFW is a leading global law firm in the aerospace, commodities, construction, energy and resources, insurance, and shipping sectors. The firm has more than 600 lawyers, including 185 partners, based in offices across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. HFW prides itself on its deep industry expertise and its entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative culture.
For further information, please contact:
Head of Communications
D +44 (0)20 7264 8159
M +44 (0)7976 939864
Follow us on social media:
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.