Lawyers handling complex international arbitration, litigation and ADR matters
Our principal strength is our experience and expertise in international litigation, arbitration and alternative forms of dispute resolution. We have specialist dispute resolution teams in all of our offices, regularly handling high-value, complex, multi-party, multi-jurisdictional disputes. Our expertise spans a wide range of sectors and industries, from banking and finance, through to insurance and commodities.
What we do in Corporate Litigation
We provide support to commercial organisations facing disputes and contentious issues that arise from company structures, organisation and dealings.
We advise on these matters both in the UK jurisdiction and worldwide, including the principal offshore financial jurisdictions.
Our expertise includes:
- Prospectus liabilities
- Shareholder agreements
- Company sale and purchase agreements
- Shareholder and minority rights
- Share transfers and put and call options
- Change of control
- Share swaps and price ramping
- Director's rights and duties
- Derivative actions
- Wrongful and fraudulent trading liabilities
- Schemes of arrangement
Our experience in Corporate Litigation
We are regularly involved in the largest disputes and work with our clients to achieve the best outcome for their business.
- Representing in High Court proceedings in Hong Kong, the Australian and Hong Kong Joint Venture Partners in a Gold Mining Development in Gangsu Province. Advising on litigation generally as well as regulatory issues in China, and specifically on the development of onward sale and licensing of mineral exploitation rights in China.
- Acting for joint venture partners in a dispute involving a claim in excess of £100 million in respect of the joint project. This involved detailed consideration of issues of corporate responsibility and conflict on the part of the directors in the JV company.
- Acting for a major European group in relation to the application of change of control issues arising under various shareholder agreements in relation to its participation in infrastructure projects in the Far East and Europe.
- Acting for the Bermudan subsidiary of a major Canadian corporation in relation to disputes with a former joint venture partner including defending proceedings in connection with the intended JV holding company in Bermuda.