Lawyers handling complex international arbitration, litigation and ADR matters
Our principal strength is our experience and expertise in international litigation, arbitration and alternative forms of dispute resolution. We have specialist dispute resolution teams in all of our offices, regularly handling high-value, complex, multi-party, multi-jurisdictional disputes. Our expertise spans a wide range of sectors and industries, from banking and finance, through to insurance and commodities.
What we do in Commercial Litigation
We advise on the full range of issues presented by commercial agreements from inception through performance to termination, asserting or defending our clients' rights worldwide.
We cover a wide range of commercial agreements for the international business world, including:
- Operating and service agreements
- User agreements
- Contracting arrangements
- Construction and engineering
- Offshore operations
- Ship and rig-building
Our experience in Commercial Litigation
We are regularly involved in the largest disputes and work with our clients to achieve the best outcome for their business.
- Acting for a mining major in dealing with wrongful contractual withdrawal, with the claim exceeding US$200 million.
- Advising two subsidiaries of an Asian mining major on disputes under mining services agreements, with contractors, involving litigation in London and Queensland, Australia.
- Currently advising an Asian mining major on high value disputes involving pricing structures which are subject to expert determination and arbitration in Singapore.
- Acting for the operator of an oilfield concession offshore in Qatar in relation to ongoing disputes arising during the execution of its 2005 field development plan involving investment of over US$3 billion.
- Acting in a dispute between major European and South American groups in respect of a joint venture to convert, operate and supply an FPSO to the UK sector of the North Sea concerning cost and time overruns in connection with the conversion and upgrade works of in excess of £100 million.