Cours de Rive 13-15
Office Telephone: +41 (0)22 322 4800
Office Fax: +41 (0)22 322 4888
Direct Dial (Geneva): +41 (0)22 322 4812
Talk to Georges about
More about Georges
Georges is a civil and common law trained international lawyer admitted to practice in Switzerland, England and Wales, and Canada (Quebec). He has acted as lead counsel in international projects and transactions in over 25 countries worldwide, including in Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. Georges has wide-ranging experience in corporate, commercial and international business law, including joint ventures, M&A, projects, venture capital, public-private partnerships, privatisations, concessions, trade finance, risk/compliance management, corporate governance and international trade regulation. He has advised clients across a broad range of industry sectors, including commodities, construction, energy, infrastructure, ICT, life sciences, luxury products and real estate. Georges has been consistently recognized in the Legal 500, Chambers' Global and Who's Who Legal Switzerland. He is a former President of the Canadian-Swiss Chamber of Commerce and he served on the Executive Committee of the Geneva Bar Association's Foreign Lawyers' Section for a number of years. Georges previously was a partner in international law firms in Geneva, London, Doha and Montreal. He also went on secondments with the International Trade Law Branch of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs (UNOLA / UNCITRAL) and the Legal Liaison Office of the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG).
Recent work includes:
- Advising Paris-based Publicis Groupe (world's third largest communications group) on its equity investment in Swiss and US branding firm MetaDesign.
- Advising a Swiss-based energy trading firm on corporate governance, risk/compliance management, directors' duties and liabilities, and best practices.
- Advising the Agence de Promotion des Investissements et Grands Travaux (APIX) of the Republic of Senegal on the Dakar-Diamniadio-AIBD Express Regional Train project.
- Advising Qatar Foundation Endowment SPC and Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development on intra-group share buy-back transactions.
- Advising UK-based Invoke Capital Partners and BVI-based ICP London Limited on the Series C financing of leading Swiss-based bio-informatics company Sophia Genetics SA.
- Advising the Swiss trustees of a foreign testamentary trust on an interest in a Swiss commercial and residential real estate development project and issues arising under the Swiss regulation on the acquisition of real estate by non-residents (Lex Koller).