HFW providing legal advice in Scandinavia
HFW has a long history of working in Scandinavia, where we advise both national and international clients on a range of transactional and dispute resolution matters principally in relation to shipping, energy, ports and terminals, finance and both marine and non-marine insurance.
What we do in Scandinavia
Clients value our deep understanding of the local markets in Scandinavia, which we complement with our international experience and market leading knowledge of our chosen sectors of focus, enabling us to provide a practical and commercial response to all of their legal requirements.
Our experience in Scandinavia
We act for a range of clients in Scandinavia, as well as international clients who may have an interest in Scandinavia.
Some examples of our work in Scandinavia include:
- Acted for a Scandinavian bank on the financing of some 24 ship newbuildings constructed in China and financed by them in co-operation with The Export-Import Bank of China.
- Advised a Scandinavian shipping group on a UK lease of 4 bulk carriers.
- Acted for a major Norwegian shipping bank as agent, security trustee and swap provider on loan and guarantee facilities made available to Stena to assist finance the acquisition of two newbuilding RoPax vessels in Norway.
- Acted for Swedish interests on their purchase of a stake in Bookajet Limited, a company specialising in the corporate jet market.
- Review of head contract and sub-contracts in connection with the engineering, preparation, removal and disposal of platforms in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
- Advised on a US$25m WELCAR insurance claim in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
- Assisted a Scandinavian terminal operator with the proposed restructuring of their business and the application of a new business model including the review of corporate and financial documentation for change of control provisions and advising on the best structure given the provisions restricting transfer of shares in the documentation relating to the various worldwide terminal interests.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.