Lawyers handling complex international arbitration, litigation and ADR matters
Our principal strength is our experience and expertise in international litigation, arbitration and alternative forms of dispute resolution. We have specialist dispute resolution teams in all of our offices, regularly handling high-value, complex, multi-party, multi-jurisdictional disputes. Our expertise spans a wide range of sectors and industries, from banking and finance, through to insurance and commodities.
What we do in Regulated Markets
We advise and assist in the resolution of a wide range of financial disputes, particularly those arising from complex accounting issues, investment fraud, and the financial instruments used in international trade.
We have a proven track record in effective recoveries. We have a thorough understanding and knowledge of the court processes available both in the UK and leading offshore financial jurisdictions, as well the complementary remedies available through insolvency.
Our experience covers:
- Recovery of problem loans – particularly cross border
- Enforcement of security
- International asset tracing
- Investment funds
- Private equity
- Offshore investments
- Share issues
- Sovereign loans
- Bilateral investment treaties
- Accounting and profit shares
- Family and charitable trusts
Our experience in Regulated Markets
We are regularly involved in the largest disputes and work with our clients to achieve the best outcome for their business.
- Acting for Abu Dhabi Investment Company in obtaining a judgment in the Court of Appeal for over US$100 million for misrepresentation.
- Representing a Swiss bank in relation to its interest in a collapsed offshore fund with a deficit of US$250 million, including pursuing litigation against the company which administered the fund for misrepresentation and breach of statutory and fiduciary duties.
- Acting for bank with offices in the UK defending a group action brought by former employees in respect of enhanced pension benefits.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.