HFW recognised in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2023
Global, sector-focused law firm HFW has once again been recognised as a leading firm in the release of the Chambers Asia-Pacific Guide 2023, which ranks top lawyers and law firms across Australia and Singapore.
HFW achieved 32 practice and lawyer rankings across the Asia-Pacific region. This includes a new Climate Change Band 1 ranking which reflects the firm's market-leading team led by Partner Peter Zaman in Singapore. HFW also maintained Band 1 rankings for Shipping and Shipping Litigation across the Asia-Pacific Region, Australia and Singapore, and achieved a new ranking in Dispute Resolution: Arbitration in Singapore. The firm's Employment team in NSW, led by Partner Mark Sant, also moved up one Band.
HFW's strong sector focus is reflected in client testimonials in the directory: "They have unrivalled knowledge and experience - a steady hand and much appreciated within the organisation." Clients highlight HFW's strong commercial understanding of their business, "They have an excellent depth of knowledge backed by practical skills. Their awareness of the client's commercial interests is held uppermost in their dealings" as well as the firm's excellent technical ability and note "their high level of business acumen means that advice is legally sound but also commercially actionable."
Clients also point to HFW's consistent offering across Asia-Pacific: "They have stable and strong teams in various areas. I once worked together with their partners based in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore, and all of them showed excellent ability to handle complex and sophisticated matters."
There are several first-time individual lawyer rankings across HFW's core sectors, which highlight expertise in Climate Change, Shipping and Aerospace:
- Terence Liew, Insurance, Singapore – Up and Coming
- Ashwin Nair, Shipping, Australia – Up and Coming
- Peter Zaman, Climate Change, Asia-Pacific – Band 1
HFW lawyers ranking in Band 1:
- Jo Delaney, Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, Australia
- Mert Hifzi, Insurance, Singapore
- Gavin Vallely, Shipping, Australia
HFW individual rankings:
- John Forrester, Shipping International: Finance, Singapore – Band 2
- Richard Jowett, Insurance: Policyholder, Australia – Band 2
- Ling Lui, Aviation: Finance, Singapore – Band 4
- Chris Metcalf, Shipping International: Litigation, Singapore – Band 2
- Mark Sant, Employment NSW, Australia – Band 3
- Kate Seaton, Insurance, Singapore – Band 3
- Robert Springall, Shipping, Australia – Senior Statespeople
- Toby Stephens, Shipping International: Litigation, Singapore – Band 3
- Justin Sun, Aviation: Finance, Asia-Pacific – Band 4
- Stephen Thompson, Shipping, Australia – Band 2
- Siri Wennevik, Shipping International: Finance, Singapore – Band 3
The Chambers rankings are based on a combination of research and client feedback, with assessments made on technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence and commitment.
HFW's full rankings in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Guide 2023 can be found here.
HFW is a leading global law firm in the aerospace, commodities, construction, energy, insurance, and shipping sectors. The firm has more than 600 lawyers, including 180 partners, based in offices across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. HFW prides itself on its deep industry expertise and its entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative culture.