HFW recognised as a leading law firm in the Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2023
Global, sector-focused law firm HFW has been recognised as a leading firm in The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2023, which highlights the region's top lawyers and law firms. The firm achieved 30 individual and practice rankings across the region, which includes offices across Hong Kong, Melbourne, Perth, Singapore and Sydney.
HFW has moved up to Tier 1 in Transport: Shipping in Australia, maintaining its Tier 1 rankings for Shipping in Hong Kong, and Shipping: Foreign Firms in Singapore. The firm has also maintained Tier 2 rankings across Insurance (Australia), Shipping Finance and Aviation Finance (Hong Kong), and Asset Finance: Foreign Firms and Insurance: Foreign Firms (Singapore).
A number of HFW lawyers were also ranked individually, across Shipping, Insurance, Asset Finance and Aviation Finance. Partners Gavin Vallely and George Lamplough were both recognised for another year in a row in the 'Hall of Fame'. Partner Simon Shaddick was recognised for the first year as a 'Leading Individual' and Partner Angie Lo also achieved a new individual ranking for 'Next Generation Partner'.
Client testimonials describe HFW as "a great team to work with", and "highly proficient with multi-jurisdictional legal matters." They also highlight the firm's "deep industry knowledge and legal expertise" and "unrivalled market knowledge."
HFW is ranked Tier 1 in The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2023 for:
- Transport: Shipping (Australia)
- Shipping (Hong Kong)
- Shipping: Foreign Firms (Singapore)
HFW 'Hall of Fame' Lawyers:
- George Lamplough – Shipping, Hong Kong
- Gavin Vallely – Transport: Shipping, Australia
HFW 'Leading Individuals':
- Christopher Chan – Shipping, Hong Kong
- Patrick Cheung – Shipping Finance, Hong Kong
- Henry Dunlop – Shipping, Hong Kong
- John Forrester – Asset Finance: Foreign Firms, Singapore
- Richard Jowett – Insurance, Australia
- Chris Metcalf – Shipping: Foreign Firms, Singapore
- Simon Shaddick – Transport: Shipping, Australia
- Toby Stephens – Shipping: Foreign Firms, Singapore
- Justin Sun – Aviation Finance, Hong Kong
HFW 'Next Generation Partners':
- Angie Lo – Shipping, Hong Kong
- Brendan McCashin – Insurance, Australia
HFW 'Rising Stars':
- Nicola Hui – Shipping, Hong Kong
This follows the release of The Legal 500 China Guide, where HFW achieved five individual and practice rankings for its practice in Shanghai.
HFW's full rankings in the Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2023 can be found here: The Legal 500 Asia Pacific guide to top ranked law firms, lawyers, solicitors and barristers
HFW is a leading global law firm in the aerospace, commodities, construction, energy, insurance, and shipping sectors. The firm has more than 600 lawyers, including 185 partners, based in offices across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. HFW prides itself on its deep industry expertise and its entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative culture.