HFW are proud to be supporting The Green Ribbon Campaign
During Mental Health Awareness Week, 8-12 May 2017, HFW are proud to be supporting The Green Ribbon Campaign. Whilst this campaign has been initiated by numerous organisations in London, we feel that the principles are relevant to every jurisdiction in which we have an office.
The campaign aims to:
- Create a visible movement of support for ending the stigma of mental health.
- Show those experiencing mental health issues that there is support and they are not alone.
- Demonstrate the level of support for this issue within HFW.
- Encourage people to share their story and to create an inclusive workplace culture.
Each green ribbon has the simple, but powerful, message of "Together we can #endthestigma" and ribbons have been distributed to every person working for the firm. Colleagues have been encouraged to share pictures of themselves and others wearing their ribbons.
During the week, two presentations were made on how the firm is supporting mental wellbeing, the first in London and the second in our newest office in Houston. The London event was led by HFW Global Senior Partner, Richard Crump, with presentations by Corporate Responsibility Manager, Kathryn Hull, Partner, Global Head of Offshore Oil & Gas and London Head of Shipping, Paul Dean, and the Chairman of the City Mental Health Alliance.
HFW believes that mental health is just as important as physical health and as part of this has:
- Pledged to match the number of physical health first aiders with mental health first aiders. Twenty-five people have already been trained in Australia, London, Paris and Piraeus and further training will take place over the coming months.
- Committed to run mental health awareness training with all partners and business service heads initially. A wider roll out of this training will then follow.
- Continue to promote its global Employee Assistance Programme which can be accessed by everyone including family household members. This service is completely confidential.
For further information please contact Kathryn Hull, CSR Manager, on +44 (0)20 7264 8082 or email email@example.com
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.