HFW achieves top-tier rankings in The Legal 500 UK
Global, sector-focused law firm HFW has once again been recognised as a leading practice in the 2020-21 edition of The Legal 500 UK, a guide to the country’s best lawyers and law firms.
HFW achieved 19 practice rankings in the 2020-21 guide, covering a wide range of areas including aerospace, commodities, construction, energy and resources, insurance, shipping, disputes and finance.
HFW also has seven lawyers ranked in the 'Hall of Fame', 13 lawyers ranked as 'Leading Individuals', four ranked as 'Next Generation Partners' and five ranked as 'Rising Stars'.
Clients, who were contacted by The Legal 500 to provide anonymous testimonials to support the rankings, said that the firm’s lawyers are "an extremely smart and considerate team", who are "bold and unafraid to fight your corner against the most high profile players in the market."
Clients also said that HFW lawyers go "above and beyond the call of duty to deliver top class work to very tight deadlines", and that the firm combines "Magic Circle-level expertise with unparalleled industry knowledge".
The Legal 500 rankings are based on a combination of qualitative and quantitative research and client feedback, with assessments made on a variety of factors including the strength and depth of the practice, and a firm’s ability to handle the most complex and innovative work.
HFW Band 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK 2020-21:
- Commodities disputes
HFW 'Hall of Fame' in the The Legal 500 UK 2020-21:
- Andrew Bandurka (Insurance and Reinsurance Litigation)
- Brian Perrott (Commodities: Derivatives; Commodities: Physicals)
- Damian Honey (Commercial Litigation: Mid-Market; Commercial Litigation: Premium)
- Giles Kavanagh (Aviation)
- Hugh Livingstone (Shipping)
- James Gosling (Shipping)
- Noel Campbell (Fraud: Civil)
HFW ‘Leading Individuals’ in The Legal 500 UK 2020-21:
- Alistair Feeney (Commodities disputes)
- Andrew Chamberlain (Shipping)
- Brian Perrott (Commodities disputes)
- Craig Neame (Shipping)
- Damian Honey (Commodities disputes)
- Jim Cashman (Shipping)
- Judith Prior (Commodities disputes)
- Nicholas Hughes (Aviation)
- Paul Dean (Shipping)
- Philip Prowse (Trade Finance)
- Richard Neylon (Shipping)
- Rory Butler (Shipping)
- Tony Rice (Transport Finance and Leasing)
HFW ‘Next Generation Partners’ in The Legal 500 UK 2020-21:
- Richard Booth (Power)
- Zohar Zik (Aviation)
- Alex Kemp (Shipping)
- William MacLachlan (Travel: Regulatory and Commercial)
HFW ‘Rising Stars' in The Legal 500 UK 2020-21:
- Barbara Pansadoro (Aviation)
- Clare Chyb (Commodities disputes)
- Jameel Tarmohamed (Trade Finance)
- Mark Waters (Aviation)
- Michael Ritter (Shipping)
HFW is a leading global law firm in the aerospace, commodities, construction, energy, insurance and shipping sectors. The firm has 600 lawyers, including 180 partners, based in 20 offices across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. HFW prides itself on its deep industry expertise and its entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative culture.
For further information, please contact:
Head of Communications
D +44 (0)20 7264 8159
M +44 (0)7976 939864
Follow us on social media:
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.