HFW Achieves Top-Tier Rankings In The Legal 500 UK
Global, sector-focused law firm HFW has once again been recognised as a leading practice in the 2021-22 edition of The Legal 500 UK, a guide to the country’s best lawyers and law firms.
HFW achieved 22 practice rankings in the 2021-22 guide, covering a wide range of areas including aerospace, commodities, construction, energy and resources, insurance, shipping, disputes and finance.
HFW also have six lawyers ranked in the 'Hall of Fame' 15 lawyers ranked as 'Leading Individuals', five ranked as 'Next Generation Partners' and a further four ranked as 'Rising Stars'.
Clients, who were contacted by The Legal 500 to provide anonymous testimonials to support the rankings, said that "HFW are the most reliant, knowledgeable law firm I work with. If I have a new loss that needs defending, then HFW are my go-to."
"The firm has a liveliness and responsiveness which is often missing in the larger firms. Their efficiency and capability is backed up by the quality of their work."
"HFW are my go to law firm regardless of the dispute/ advice required. They have the capability to deal with any kind of claim and always provide pragmatic solutions."
The Legal 500 rankings are based on a combination of qualitative and quantitative research and client feedback, with assessments made on a variety of factors including the strength and depth of the practice, and a firm’s ability to handle the most complex and innovative work.
HFW Band 1 Rankings in The Legal 500 UK 2021-22
- Commodities disputes
HFW 'Hall of Fame' in the The Legal 500 UK 2021-22
- Andrew Bandurka (Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation)
- Brian Perrott (Commodities: Disputes)
- Damian Honey (Commercial Litigation: Premium)
- Giles Kavanagh (Aviation)
- Noel Campbell (Fraud: Civil)
- Paolo Ghirardani (Shipping)
HFW 'Leading Individuals' in The Legal 500 UK 2021-22
- Alex Kyriakoulis (M&A: Lower Mid-Market Deals, £50M-£500M)
- Alistair Feeney (Commodities: Disputes)
- Andrew Chamberlain (Shipping)
- Craig Neame (Shipping)
- Damian Honey (Commodities: Disputes)
- Elinor Dautlich (Shipping)
- Jim Cashman (Shipping)
- Judith Prior (Commodities: Disputes)
- Michael Sergeant (Construction: Contentious)
- Paul Dean (Shipping)
- Philip Prowse (Trade Finance)
- Richard Neylon (Shipping)
- Rory Butler (Shipping)
- Tony Rice (Transport Finance and Leasing)
- Zohar Zik (Aviation)
HFW 'Next Generation Partners' in The Legal 500 UK 2021-22
- Alex Kemp (Shipping)
- Gudmund Bernitz (Transport Finance and Leasing)
- Michael Ritter (Shipping)
- Richard Booth (Power: including Electricity, Nuclear and Renewables)
- William MacLachlan (Travel: Regulatory and Commercial)
HFW 'Rising Stars' in The Legal 500 UK 2021-22
- Barbara Pansadoro (Aviation; Transport Finance and Leasing)
- Clare Chyb (Commodities: Disputes)
- Jameel Tarmohamed (Trade Finance)
- Mark Waters (Aviation)
HFW is a leading global law firm in the aerospace, commodities, construction, energy and resources, insurance, and shipping sectors. The firm has more than 600 lawyers, including 185 partners, based in offices across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. HFW prides itself on its deep industry expertise and its entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative culture.
For further information, please contact:
Head of Communications
D +44 (0)20 7264 8159
M +44 (0)7976 939864