Capital Markets (Debt)
Sector focused legal advice for corporate transactions
We have an international corporate team with extensive experience of advising on high value, domestic and cross-border transactions. Our team draws on the firm's in-depth sector expertise and works closely with clients to acquire, dispose, finance, or restructure companies, or to form strategic partnerships or joint ventures. We also regularly advise clients on day-to-day issues relating to company law and corporate governance.
What we do
Our lawyers have considerable experience in debt capital issuances in international capital markets, including acting for investment banks and issuers in a broad range of debt offerings on a number of stock exchanges. The team have particular expertise in advising resource based companies on IPOs, private placements and dual listings.
Our lawyers have considerable experience in debt capital issuances in the international capital markets, including acting for investment banks and issuers in a broad range of debt offerings on a number of stock exchanges. We provide below some examples of our work in this area:
- Advising the arrangers (Morgan Stanley and Bank of America Merrill Lynch) on Mashreqbank PSC's annual updates of its US$5 billion EMTN Programme listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- Advising Catlin Group on a US$220 million insurance catastrophe swap and securitisation with an Irish debt listing and a proposed IPO of a new Bermuda collateralised reinsurer.
- Advising Aspen Re on a US$477 million credit insurance and derivative structure in respect of reinsurance receivables, distributed by Deutsche Bank.
- Advising Keefe Bruyette & Woods as placement agent for subordinated debt issues by a number of UK insurers.
- Acting for a US financial guarantor in relation to its $253 million triple-A rated financial guarantee of an assetbacked securitisation sponsored by a French containership operator for the purpose of acquiring 12 newbuild container vessels. This was the first ever shipping securitisation to acquire vessels inspired from the single tenant aircraft securitisation methodology. The transaction was structured to involve three different funding sources, including triple-A rated asset backed, guaranteed securities, subordinated loan finance from a syndicate of shipping banks and fully subordinated corporate bonds. Follow up advice on a number of defaults/waivers and restructuring.
- Advising an Indian telecommunications company on the issue of convertible bonds listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- Advising a major French bank as arranger of a €170 million trade receivables securitisation.
- Acting for Turkish owners Geden Lines on their proposed US$150 million bond issue through lead managers Pareto Securities ASA for a private placement to provide finance towards Geden's existing and future new build programme.
- Advising an electricity transmission operator on the establishment of a €6 billion medium-term note programme.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.