65 Crutched Friars
London EC3N 2AE
Office Telephone: +44 (0)20 7264 8000
Office Fax: +44 (0)20 7264 8888
Direct Dial (London): +44 (0)20 7264 8259
Mobile: +44 (0)7810 320275
Talk to Matthew about
More about Matthew
Matthew is fast gaining a reputation in the firm as the Go-To Expert for corporate / commercial legal work as a specialist in the ports and terminals, shipping and the logistics sectors. This should come as no surprise given his commercial and operational involvement in these sectors since 1996; having spent his early career with the leading container shipping line. This first-hand experience gives him an unparalleled understanding of how the industry works.
Clients choose to work with Matthew as he looks at the commercial and practical, as well as the legal implications of any client query or project. He is a very straightforward, organised and reliable person and will tell you like it is.
Matthew's case load is varied but tends to include:
- corporate acquisitions, disposals and restructuring
- joint ventures (corporate and operational) and shareholders' agreements
- port development and operations - privatisation, concessions, management and commercial agreements
- standard terms and commercial contracts – including carriage by sea, road, air, freight forwarding, customs and warehousing
- commercial, legal and regulatory advisory work throughout the supply chain
- acting as an outsourced legal adviser for UK SME businesses
His clients include companies involved within ports and terminals; bulk, container and RoRo shipping; 3PLs and freight forwarders as well as blue chip retailers and consumer goods companies.
Matthew is qualified in England and Wales.