Lawyers acting at the forefront of State aid matters
We have successfully represented corporations and governments in several landmark cases and high-profle State aid investigations before the European Commission and the European courts and in international arbitrations.
What we do in State Aid
We regularly act for actual or alleged recipients of State aid, complainants, awarding authorities, governments and public bodies.
We further assist clients during recovery proceedings at a national level and in bringing claims before national courts in relation to breaches of the EU State aid rules. We regularly advise undertainings in various projects that involve State aid advice, such as environmental, regional, rescue and restructuring, R&D and other types and specific forms of aid. We are experts in advising in most types of industry specific Sate aid legislation, including in the maritime and air transport sector.
We are at the forefront of State aid developments and we are able to provide our clients a full service, starting from the administrative proceedings before the European Commission up to the litigation proceedings before the European and national courts.
Our experience in State Aid
Examples of our recent work in State aid include:
- Advising a Canadian mining company on an EU Commission State Aid investigation arising from its acquisition of goldmines in Greece from a Canadian mining company.
- Advising an EU Government on State aid aspects of three international arbitrations relating to the supply of military equipment.
- Advising on the applicability of State aid rules in the air transport sector and assisting Governmental agencies in designing the relevant State aid schemes in compliance with the EU State aid rules.
- Advising recipients of State aid on submissions by Member States for obtaining approvals of State aid from the European Commission.
- Advising recipients of State aid on obtaining appropriate contractual protections from Government bodies.