Quarterly Construction Law Seminar
HFW Partners Michael Sergeant and Robert Blundell will be hosting a seminar on construction and design risk. The seminar will consider the key risks connected with construction under both build-only contracts and design-build.
1 May 2014
The following important issues will be addressed:
- Who takes the risk if it is impossible to build the contract scope?
- How should ambiguities or gaps in the scope be treated?
- Unexpected site conditions mean that the planned design needs to be changed: is this a variation?
- Where the methodology for building the works cannot be followed.
- What does "fitness for purpose" mean?
- Putting specific performance standards in contracts.
- What happens when your design standards conflict?
If you have any queries regarding this seminar, or to register your interest in attending, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.