Managing Legal Risks in a Fraught Construction Market
HFW Senior Associate Scott Jackson will be attending this conference which looks at how construction law operates in practice, drawing on real life examples.
17 October 2015
- Overview of the regulatory and common law landscape for construction in WA
- Causes of action in construction disputes
- WA’s Construction Contracts Act: background, reforms, managing the process
- Legal risks in tendering and negotiating contracts
- Ethics in construction management
- Issue spotting and managing the meetings
- Drafting project correspondence, gaining and maintaining privilege
- Creative ways of managing disputes and getting on with the job
For more information please visit http://www.law.unimelb.edu.au/masters/courses-and-subjects/subject-details/sid/11852 .
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.