Financial Lines: what can be learned from the past and what does the future hold?
HFW will be hosting a second breakfast seminar looking at the significant changes to the banking environment in the last five years and the rise this has given on claims, as well as the opportunities it has opened up for underwriters.
24 April 2013
Along with other matters, the seminar will explore the following areas:
- Do established wordings reflect modern risks?
- How will the roles of the FCA and PRA impact FI's and what will be the impact of splitting FI's into investment and retail banks?
- How can "sensible covers" be sensibly handled, e.g. Standard Life?
- Can a policy achieve more than risk transfer?
- How can insurers become the "gatekeepers" for the capital markets?
- Basel II and III.
John Thirlwell (Board adviser on risk management and co-author of Mastering Operational Risk) will chair this seminar and the panel speakers will include Nick Forti, FI underwriter, Brit; Mark Hardinge, Limestreet EC3; and experts on the new supervisory and regulatory regime.
If you have any queries regarding this seminar or to register your interest in attending, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.