Delivery and Storage Workshop for Metals Traders and Banks
HFW is hosting a commodities workshop to discuss discuss common issues encountered by metals and minerals traders and banks in respect of goods held in storage.
28 January 2016
The workshop will cover common issues arising under physical commodity contracts and the accompanying storage arrangements. We will be discussing the following topics:
- Risk, title and delivery – what are they and how do they work when goods are in storage?
- Force Majeure – what is it and what are the consequences?
- Termination Rights – what events might trigger contract termination when goods are in storage?
- Insolvency – what happens to your goods if your counterparty or storage operator goes insolvent?
- Storage arrangements – typical structures and terms to obtain from a storage operator
Speakers will include HFW Partners, Sarah Taylor and Katie Pritchard and Associates Adam Richardson and Suzanne Meiklejohn.
If you have any queries regarding this event, or to register your interest in attending, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.