Construction Variations Seminar
HFW's construction team will be hosting a breakfast and afternoon seminar that will consider whether a contractor can refuse to undertake a variation (and why might it want to).
10 and 12 March 2015
This seminar is being run both as a breakfast seminar on Tuesday 10 March and also as an early evening seminar on Thursday 12 March. When accepting this invitation you will be asked to choose either the breakfast or the evening seminar.
HFW Partner Michael Sergeant and Associate Richard Booth will discuss the following issues:
- Does a contractor need an express clause allowing it to refuse a variation?
- Can a contractor refuse a variation when it will not be paid its costs?
- Variations which involve extra work outside the contractor's expertise.
- Late changes that significantly delay completion.
- Where a D&B contractor is ordered to undertake extra work with a greater design risk than the original scope.
- The Employer's right to instruct others to undertake extra work instead.
If you have any queries regarding this event, or to register your interest in attending, please contact us at email@example.com.