10 Collyer Quay
#18-01 Ocean Financial Centre
Office Telephone: +65 6411 5300
Office Fax: +65 6411 5355
Direct Dial (Singapore): +65 6411 5211
Mobile: +65 9733 8407
Talk to Aaron about
More about Aaron
Aaron brings to the table more than a decade of experience working on all forms of cross-border M&A, joint ventures, private equity transactions and complex restructurings.
Spanning multiple sectors and regions – with a keen focus on South East Asia deals – he is active in all fields of corporate and commercial law. Aaron advises private and institutional investors, private equity funds, buyers and sellers on varied aspects of acquiring and disposing companies/assets and investing in targets.
He also regularly advises on bespoke commercial agreements, including commodities supply agreements and distribution agreements.
Aaron is listed as a Rising Star for Corporate M&A (Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide 2020) and is described as being 'extremely attentive and helpful throughout entire deals'. The IFLR1000 2017 recommends Aaron as having the ability to provide “commercially sound advice” and is described as “being responsive” to his clients' business requirements.
He is also ranked as one of Singapore's Top 20 Most Influential Legal Minds under 40 (Singapore Business Review, 2018).
Aaron is dual qualified in Singapore and England & Wales.
Aaron's work includes advising:
- Secured lenders, including affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co L.P. - in the US$650m restructuring of PT Berlian Laju Tanker. This won 'Restructuring Deal of the Year' Award at the 2016 IFLR Asia Awards.
- Capitaland, one of Asia’s largest real estate companies - on its joint venture with a subsidiary of an Indonesian conglomerate to develop a S$220 million integrated development in Central Jakarta.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P., - on the successful completion of its recent major strategic investment and financing initiatives linked to the US$610m equity investment in Teekay Offshore by Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
- Private equity house CVC - on the restructuring of its investment in PT Matahari Department Store Tbk. Subsequent to the restructuring, CVC and its joint venture partners launched a share sale of their stake, worth an estimated US$1.3 billion.
- SGX-listed fashion and lifestyle corporation - on the partial divestment of its operations in Indonesia to PT Saratoga Investama Sedaya, one of Indonesia’s leading investment firms.
- In.Corp Global Pte Ltd and its shareholders - on the divestment of a controlling stake in the company to Swedish-based private equity group EQT Partners.
- Chinese state-owned enterprise - on its maritime joint venture to build and operate four Very Large Gas Carriers.
- Food solutions and airport gateway services group SATS Ltd - in its S$129m acquisition of a stake in PT Cardig Aero Services.
- India-based venture capital fund - in its investment and joint venture in Indonesia of a cassava production facility.
- German bank - on the restructuring of its loan to a registered business trust listed on the SGX.