3rd Annual China Trade & Export Finance Conference
HFW Partner Brian Perrott participated in a panel discussion.
17 October 2013
The discussion focused on the following:
Chinese commodities: Matching growth with demand
- Looking at how the perceived drop in Chinese growth has impacted on the country’s demand for raw commodities: are traders still concerned over the prospect of a ‘hard landing’?
- What impact have changes in the speed of demand had on pricing? How does this vary across different sectors (softs, agri, metals, oil, etc)?
- What measures are traders taking to offset risk in light of concerns over demand? Are production rates being adjusted accordingly?
- Is there sufficient diversification in the funding being made available for commodity traders? If not, what needs to be conveyed to the financial sector to improve provisions?
- What role have government initiatives in industries such as construction had on demand and is this sustainable?
- How has shifting demand and growing domestic production impacted on China’s policy makers with regards to foreign commodity imports and pricing reforms?
We are working with clients across our international network to help them minimise the impact of COVID-19 on their business and to prepare for what's next. To find out more, visit our dedicated Covid-19 hub.