EKP in association with HFW
Sami Solh Avenue
Hechaime Bldg, 5th Floor
PO Box 116-2083
Office Telephone: +961 1 387 778
Office Fax: +961 1 387 776
Direct Dial (Beirut): +961 3 030 390
Mobile: +961 3 030 390
Al-Enezee in association with HFW
Futuro Tower, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 69171
Riyadh 11547 Saudi Arabia
Office Telephone: +966 11 276 7372
Office Fax: +966 11 276 6960
Direct Dial (Riyadh): +966 11 276 7372
Talk to Ziad about
More about Ziad
Ziad has a wide range of experience in corporate, financial, regulatory and civil law matters with particular emphasis on telecommunications, banking and finance, corporate, business and commercial law. Ziad has also handled matters involving bankruptcy, real estate, litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
He has represented major corporations and business interests in Lebanon and the Middle East covering a wide range of activities in Lebanon, Saudi Arabia (KSA), the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Syria and on behalf of numerous clients in Europe, America and the Middle East.
Ziad has practiced in two of the leading Lebanese firms in Beirut for seven years before joining a law firm in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 2003, where he served as manager of international operations. In 2005, he founded his own firm.
Ziad was appointed by Decree Law of the Lebanese Council of Ministers as a board member of the National Archives Center, a public service supervised by the Lebanese Prime Ministry, where he provides legal and administrative advice.
Ziad is fluent in Arabic, English and French.
Recent work includes:
- Advising a Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) PPP Unit in connection with PPP infrastructure projects in various sectors, including energy, education, waste, water and transportation.
- Advising on the regulatory reform work for the Ministry of Municipalities and Rural Affairs (MOMRA) charged with issuing a new regulation creating 178 new municipal councils and establishing the electoral system for holding the first public elections within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Acting as lead counsel on a major financial institution restructuring project involving the merger of operations from eight money exchange entities into a new bank in Saudi Arabia and conducting a public offering of SAR1.5 billion.
- Assisting in the creation of a public joint-stock company with capitalisation of SAR1 billion (US$270 million) to carry out real estate investment activities, as well as an anticipated IPO for 25% of its initial capital.
- Advising and assisting a foreign client in a project aimed at constructing a telecommunication fibre-optic sub-sea cable system linking various Middle Eastern countries via landing stations in 11 jurisdictions in the Middle East connected to the domestic telecommunications network, including general advice on the telecommunication regulation, the government procurement regulation and other security regulations having direct or indirect impact on the project.
- Acting for the Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA) in the registration and capitalisation of Al-Uqair Development Company, a joint stock company to own and operate the first mixed tourism destination in Saudi Arabia. Work involves the execution of a SAR2.3 billion private placement and the preparation for an IPO.
Ziad is a member of the Beirut Bar Association and is fluent in Arabic, English and French.