Al-Enezee in association with HFW
Futuro Tower, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 69171
Riyadh 11547 Saudi Arabia
Office Telephone: +966 11 276 7372
Office Fax: +966 11 276 6960
Direct Dial (Riyadh): +966 11 276 7372
Mobile: +966 50 118 7736
Talk to Wissam about
More about Wissam
Wissam handles a wide range of matters, specializing in commercial, corporate, securities and insurance/re-insurance with a particular emphasis on corporate and commercial transactional work as well as capital markets. His work covers joint ventures, mergers and acquisition, public and private offerings and corporate restructurings. He has also been the leading lawyer on some of the high profile IPOs and rights issues for a number of insurance companies in Saudi Arabia and regularly advises insurance and reinsurances in relation to regulatory and transactional work.
Wissam has spent the last 13 years in Saudi Arabia, and has represented numerous European, US and Middle Eastern clients wishing to expand their business into the Middle East generally, and into Saudi Arabia in particular, and has advised them on corporate set ups and regulatory matters.
Wissam is fluent in Arabic, English and French.
Recent work includes:
- Advising Gulf Union Cooperative Insurance Company in relation to its potential merger with Al Ahlia for Cooperative Insurance.
- Advising Obrascon Huarte Lain (OHL) as part of the Spanish consortium (which is comprised of 11 companies) that was awarded a US$9.9 billion contract to build the first high-speed “pilgrim train” between the Holy sites (linking the Muslim holy cities of Medina and Mecca via King Abdullah Economic City, Rabigh, Jeddah, and King Abdulaziz International Airport). Work involved advising on the design and build element of the project as well as corporate and commercial legal assistance.
- Advising Sinopec Petroleum Services and its sister companies in relation to their engineering construction and procurement projects in Saudi Arabia as well as a wide range of day to day corporate and commercial legal assistance.
- Acting for Al-Inma Tokio Marine Company, one of the biggest corporate insurance companies in Saudi, in relation to its successful rights issue for a value of SAR250 million. Work involved due diligence, preparation of offering documents, and compliance to the capital market regulations.
- Advising the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities in relation to the establishment and capitalisation of Al-Uqair Development Company which will own and operate the first mixed tourism destination in Saudi Arabia, the largest in the Middle East (100 million square meters), and the execution of SAR2.1 billion private placement.
- Acting for Construction Products Holding Company (CPC), a Saudi construction materials manufacturing company (part of the Saudi Binladin Group), in the restructuring of its 24 subsidiaries and execution of a US$150 million private placement.
Wissam is a member of the Beirut Bar Association and is admitted to practice law in Lebanon before all judicial and extra-judicial bodies.