Lawyers on hand to manage your commercial requirements
We specialise in advising clients on a wide range of day to day commercial matters across our core sectors.
What we do in TMT
We advise our clients on the full range of TMT legal matters that arise in their sector of operation, often as part of complex or other ongoing projects.
We can advise on both transactional matters and contentious issues including:
- New product development
- Software licensing and development
- Systems integration, support and maintenance services
- Turnkey solutions and technology transfer
- International trade aspects of IT
- Liability, risk and insurance relating to the supply of IT products and services
- Website audits, website development and web hosting agreements
- href="http://www.hfw.com/EU-Competition-and-Regulatory">EU competition related issues
- href="http://www.hfw.com/State-Aid">State aid
- href="http://www.hfw.com/Public-Procurement">Public procurement
Our experience in TMT
We have advised on many TMT matters for our clients which have worked with them the deliver the best result for their business. We provide below some examples of our work in this area:
- Advising a technology company on a suite of IT agreements linked to its launch of an online social networking tool.
- Drafting and advising upon a software licence involving the procurement of a licence to use innovative electronic payment technology.
- Advising a leading global pharmaceutical company on agreements for the procurement of IT and professional services.
- Acting for a leading IT equipment supplier in connection with an investigation by the World Bank into the procurement of equipment by a major foreign public body.
- Representing a European logistics provider in connection with supply to it of enterprise-wide human resource management software.
- Advising a leading stock exchange group on telecoms regulatory law in eleven European jurisdictions in connection with the roll-out of a super-fast communications network.
- Advising a listed Chinese telecoms equipment company on settlement of a dispute with a major European mobile telecoms operator.
- Advising the leading US communications law firm on the details of the new EU telecoms reform package due to be adopted in 18 months' time.