1 Bligh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Office Telephone: +61 (0)2 9320 4600
Office Fax: +61 (0)2 9320 4666
Direct Dial (Sydney): +61 (0)2 9320 4655
Mobile: +61 (0)423 846 873
Talk to Josh about
More about Josh
With nearly 20 years practice in Asia and Australia, Josh has broad experience in complex tendering exercises, urban regeneration, cross-border investment, real estate development, natural resources and leveraged, project, structured-commodity and export credit agency-backed financings.
Josh is recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia 2017 (10th ed.) for "Project Finance and Development Practice" and is a qualified lawyer in Australia and New York.
Representative transactions include:
- Advised the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority in connection with the tender process, sale and development of Lots 2 & 3A of the $5.2 billion City Link project in Perth’s central business district to Far East Consortium International for development of a 250-room Dorsett Hotel and 350 apartments.
- Advised a multinational development company with its corporate/tax structuring arrangements for, and purchase of, a $50 million central business district site and regarding its subsequent leasing arrangements and pending redevelopment.
- Advised a resources company in its sale of a $325 million solar salt project in Western Australia to K+S, a DAX-listed resources group.
- Advised Hydro Tasmania and EHN as sponsors in the $107 million project financing of the 66MW Cathedral Rocks wind farm.
- Advised ICICI Bank as arranger of a US$300 million leveraged acquisition financing of the purchase of 50% of the shares in InterGen by GMR Infrastructure. This transaction was the winner of Asia Legal Business’ Deal of the Year and Asset & Corporate Finance Deal of the Year.