10 Collyer Quay
#18-01 Ocean Financial Centre
Office Telephone: +65 6411 5300
Office Fax: +65 6411 5355
Direct Dial (Singapore): +65 6411 5360
Talk to David about
More about David
David has over 15 years’ experience advising financiers, lessors and operators on aviation, shipping and offshore and equipment finance and leasing transactions. David has particular experience in debt finance, operating lease, sale and lease back and portfolio trading transactions.
With over 7 years experience in APAC, David helps his clients understand and successfully overcome local law challenges and risks related to financing and leasing assets across the region. He has particularly strong experience in Indonesia, the PRC, India, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea and Japan.
David's memberships include Aviation Working Group of a South East Asia Contact Group (SEA-CG) & International Society of Transport & Aircraft Trading (ISTAT).
David's previous work includes:
- Advising Avolon on the sale and leaseback and related financings for over 12 aircraft to an Indonesian carrier.
- Advising FMI Air Charter on the first ever cross border secured aircraft financing in Myanmar.
- Advising ICBC Leasing on the first financing by a non-PRC bank of a Tianjin Free Trade Zone structure, which involved solving a number of on-shore financing and security issues.
- Advising a Lessor on the purchase and hire purchase back arrangements relating to one B777 aircraft on lease to Thai carrier.
- Advising an Engine Lessor on the sale and leaseback of three IAE engines to Vietnam Airlines.
David is recognised in Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 as a leading individual for Aviation Finance (Singapore) and as an ‘Up and Coming leading individual who is a 'respected practitioner’.