10 Collyer Quay
#18-01 Ocean Financial Centre
Office Telephone: +65 6411 5300
Office Fax: +65 6411 5355
Direct Dial (Singapore): +65 6411 5333
Mobile: +65 8611 3180
65 Crutched Friars
London EC3N 2AE
Office Telephone: +44 (0)20 7264 8000
Office Fax: +44 (0)20 7264 8888
Direct Dial (London): +44(0)20 7264 8284
Talk to Brian about
More about Brian
Brian is head of the firm's international corporate practice and advises clients on a wide range of corporate, distressed and special situations, mining, energy, shipping and clean-energy related matters including cross-border M&A transactions (both public and private), equity and debt work-outs / restructurings, corporate finance and joint ventures as well as upstream oil and gas and mining licence arrangements.
He has significant international deal exposure as well as a strong capital markets practice having worked on numerous deals advising institutional and corporate clients on flotations, takeovers and de-listings on most of the world's leading markets but with particular experience with AIM, the UK Official List, the ASX as well as the TSX and TSX(v). In addition Brian has worked on numerous US offerings including those done under Reg S and 144A.
Brian is the President and co-founder of the Singapore Mining Club.
Chambers and Partners Global Guide 2016 listed Brian as an individually ranked lawyer who is, "...identified by market sources for his expertise in the mining sector" whilst the team that Brian heads up is ranked by Legal 500 for corporate and M&A and Energy work and which states that, "[HFW is] noted for its pan-Asian practice [and its]Indonesia-related transactional work ...in particular. The firm has sector expertise in areas such as oil and gas, mining, shipping and commodities".
Brian's recent experience includes:
- Advising a US hedge fund on the acquisition of a minority shareholding, followed by the subsequent acquisition of the entire share capital of a Luxemburg entity holding ownership of a mining company situated in Mongolia.
- Advising a Middle East bank in relation to the creation of a form of asset backed security which would be entered into with Singapore entities and would be legally enforceable as a Singapore security.
- Advising an ASX listed mining company on its international private placement.
- Advising the Placing Agents in respect of a private placement for a Russian based, TSX listed mining company.
- Advising on large UK based private mining company on its disposal of its West African based assets.
- Advising a major European bank in relation to the restructuring of its loan and security facilities with defaulting borrowers.
- Advising Asia Coal Energy on its hostile takeover of Main Board listed Asia Resources Minerals Plc.
Brian is qualified in England and Wales.